There were more than 50 buildings as part of George Robertson’s original Warrock complex. Today approximately 36 remain in varying degrees of ruin.
George Robertson’s original cottage was built in 1843 from split palings brought over from Van Dieman’s Land. Hand made nails were used and the roof shingles were constructed from hand-split blackwood. In later years these were replaced by iron.
A shepherd’s cottage was located nearby the main house. When the use of shepherds was superseded by modern fencing and farm infrastructure, it was later used as accommodation for gardeners, housekeepers, cooks and governesses.
George Robertson had a second cottage and adjoining carpentry workshop. It was here he was attacked by bushrangers who robbed him and left him tied to a chair. Fortunately, a shepherd returning for supplies released him.
The blacksmith shop still has a working forge which had the dual purpose of both shoeing horses and fixing tools.
The museum houses hold the collection of farm implements, household items, bottles, sporting equipment, charts and maps. All items were once used at Warrock, including George Robertson’s tools used during the construction phase of Warrock.